Picking out a credit card can be a tough task when you consider all of the different options available to you. In this article I’m going to do a review of a secured credit card from Orchard Bank.
The Orchard Bank secured credit card is a secured credit card that is backed by the money that is deposited into the card. Here are a few of the features of the card.
- Free anytime online access to the card which allows you to check account balances, make transfers, and even pay bills.
- Free email and text alerts which allows you to have instant reviews of your account balance, transaction dates, and who you made payments to.
- Has a 100% fraud and liability protection which allows you to receive personalized spending text and emails in a seconds notice when something is wrong with your account.
- The card also has a 29.49% penalty fee if you happen to overdraft on this card.
- Their is a $35 annual fee for the Orchard Bank Secured Credit Card but it is waived for the first year.
- Finally their is a 7.90% fee for all purchases and transfers on this card.
What I Don’t Like About This Card
As you can see this secured card has a lot of features vclubshop with it but as you can tell their is one thing I don’t like about this card and that is the amount of fees. First off, the $35 annual fee is to much since similar card will charge little to nothing for an annual fee. In fact of the top 10 best credit cards out there of this type they do not charge an annual fee.
The next thing I don’t like about this card is the high penalty fee of 29.49% which is a huge fee to pay if you overdraft on your account. However as a good point to this is it will force you to watch your account a little more closely so you don’t over draft your account.
Share Your Story
Finally, do you own the Orchard Bank Secured credit card? If so feel free to share your story about how this card has worked for you.